Therapy For Work Stress Treatment
Are you feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, depressed, or anxious due to work related stress?
If so, you’re not alone. According to the American Institute of Stress, 83% of US workers suffer from work-related stress, with 25% saying their job is the number one stressor in their lives. About one million Americans miss work each day because of stress. 76% of US workers report that workplace stress affects their personal relationships.
Photo by Alexander Suhorucov at Pexels
How Is Therapy Helpful
Therapy can treat mental health symptoms, such as depression and anxiety, which are often caused by work-related stress.
Improving your communication skills and conflict resolution skills are also useful techniques that are taught so you can apply them in the workplace. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) may also be utilized. Our therapy program is designed to help you manage stress and improve your overall well-being.
Causes of Stress At Work Include:
- The types of tasks, such as unnecessary, routine, or those that are repetitive or require high levels of concentration
- Management style, lack of support, unrealistic, or unclear expectations
- Stressful working conditions, which can lead to increased absenteeism, tardiness, and intentions to quit
- High level of risk/trauma
- Difficult work relationships, such as conflicts with coworkers or supervisors, a toxic boss, toxic co-workers or a toxic workplace
- Layoffs, mergers, restructuring, terminations, changes in work hours or expectations
- Inconsistent roles and responsibilities, such as being overworked or underutilized
- Lack of future career prospects, underutilizing or ignoring skills the employee possesses, job insecurity, lack of opportunities for advancement, cultural bias, or prejudice
- Long hours, and/or infrequent or no breaks
Symptoms Of Work-Related Stress Include:
- High blood pressure
- Indigestion/Upset Stomach
- Insomnia or other sleep disturbances
- Lack of joy or sense of fulfillment
- Avoidance of situations or people
- Loss of interest
- Short attention span
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling stuck
- Increased use of alcohol and drugs
- Poor job performance
- Not taking risks
- Conflicted relationships with co-workers, family and/or friends
Goals of Therapy:
- Increased understanding of stress triggers
- Feel better about yourself
- Get back joy and a sense of purpose
- Obtain nonjudgmental, supportive counseling sessions with an experienced, licensed therapist
- Improve your communication skills
- Take action more and procrastinate less
- Gain a more balanced view of negative thoughts and worries
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Improve your conflict resolution skills
- Learn and practice breathing exercises
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques
- Learn and practice a range of mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques
Our program is designed to help you identify the root causes of your stress and develop effective coping strategies. Our licensed therapists will work with you to create a personalized plan that fits your unique needs.
Don’t let work stress take over your life. Take the first step towards a healthier, happier you.
Contact us today to schedule your first therapy session and start your journey toward a less stressful, less anxious life.